Did you know that it is Trustees’ Week from 12-16 November 2018?
It is an opportunity to thank current Trustees for the brilliant work that they do up and down the country and to encourage more people to look into this amazing way to give back.
For us, it is a chance to champion the cause of Board Diversity in general and of getting younger people onto Boards in particular.
For the Week, if you are a young trustee (let’s say anything younger than 57, the average age), please share about what you do on social media using the hashtag #imayoungtrustee and we will help to promote your story!
Here are some of the things that we have been doing in the past year:
- Our LinkedIn group has now reached an amazing 5000 members
- Our Founder has continued to support young people to have a bigger say in the world and has jointly started a new Social Good Meetup in his new home of Sheffield
- We’ve spoken at various events, including a British Red Cross Conference and on the Cause4 Trustee Leadership Programme
Please follow the main Trustees’ Week Twitter account here and support the work of everyone involved in the week by using the
We particularly want to reach out to two groups, young people and charities.
- If you are interested in being a Trustee, please join our group on LinkedIn , look out for the opportunities we share on Twitter, check out all of our many resources on our page here and look at these sites to help you find a vacancy. This article from us gives some reasons why you might like to become a Trustee.
- If you are interested in having young people on your Board, please join our LinkedIn group and share opportunities- and tag us on Twitter to do the same. We’d love to help you, especially during Trustees’ Week when we all have the chance to amplify our voice.
Both young people and charities can also feel free to link to the Founder of Young Charity Trustees, Alex Swallow, on LinkedIn. Please just explain why you want to link when you send a request.
2 further resources which may help:
The Founder of Young Charity Trustees now has a business called The Influence Expert, which helps people to grow their influence to increase their impact on the world.
There are two resources which might be helpful to young people seeking Trustee positions:
- A free, 100 page plus book about how to grow your influence
- A free, online course about networking, accessible from this page
Hope everyone has a great Trustees’ Week!
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.